The first annual conference of the Global Sustainability Institute (GSI) of Anglia Ruskin University will be held at its Cambridge campus on 15 May 2013.
Under the theme ‘Big Challenges and Creative Solutions,’ the conference will comprise two main sessions:
- What are the global sustainability challenges?
- What sustainability solutions can we offer?
The conference will look at a range of approaches that come from different disciplines to address the big sustainability challenges today.
The GSI’s core research questions focus on personal motivations and systems change, set against the challenges of sustainability. Its key areas of research are:
- Behaviour change and decision making
- Climate action and cultural systems
- Resource management and ecosystems services
- Education for sustainability
Image from Conference webpage